Direct Call : 954-551-0236 / E-Mail :
매일 뉴스 (Daily News), Uncategorized

(마이애미 한인) Ask a real estate pro: Daughter must deal with late mother’s foreclosure – Sun Sentinel (마이애미 한인)

(마이애미 한인)

Gary Singer

By Gary Singer Sentinel Correspondent

8:54 a.m. EDT, October 19, 2012

Board-certified real estate attorney Gary M. Singer answers housing questions in this space each Friday. To ask him a question about short sales, mortgages, refinancing, homeowner’s associations or any other residential real estate topic, click here.

(마이애미 한인)  Q: My mother passed away and her home is going into foreclosure with the condo association for non-payment of assessments. The condo has listed me a “possible beneficiary” of her revocable trust and has served foreclosure papers on me. There is no money in the house or in her estate. Can I ignore this? – Gloria

A: It’s never a good idea to ignore a lawsuit, even if you feel you have nothing to lose, because you may be wrong and actually have something to lose. Meet with an attorney to see if you have any liability. In these situations, there are simple steps that you can take to disclaim any interest in your late mother’s property, such as filing a certain form in the public records or deeding your potential interest to the condo association.

(마이애미 한인) Q: I live in a condo, and the unit above me is rented to a family that’s too loud. We already had a meeting with the owner, but the tenants are back to their old tricks. How can we fix this? – Leslie

A: You did the right thing in speaking with the landlord. Do it again. Also, read the condo rules and see if your neighbor is breaking any of them. If so, then the landlord may be fined, and that may be what it takes to get the problem resolved. Also, some condos have rules about the types of flooring and padding that can be installed in a unit. In that case, the association can make the unit owner fix the flooring.

The information and materials on this blog are provided for general informational purposes only and are not intended to be legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed, nor should any such relationship be implied. Nothing on this blog is intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction.

To follow Gary Singer on Twitter, click here.

Copyright © 2012, South Florida Sun-Sentinel 

(마이애미 한인)

About jennyformiamihome

성심껏 도와드리겠습니다. 연락주시면 바로 상세히 답변드립니다. Jenny Shin / 신정미 부동산 (Broker's Real Estate) 남부 플로리다 마이애미 지역 한인 부동산 주택매매 렌트 싱글하우스 타운하우스 콘도 브라워드 카운티 마이애미 데이드 카운티 포트로더데일 웨스턴 코랄스프링 도랄 Rent or Buy single house, town house and Condo Miami Dade County / Broward County, fort lauderdale, coral springs, copper city, weston, doral 1398 SW 160TH AVE. SUITE 105 Weston, FL. 33326 Direct : 954-551-0236 Office : 954-384-1616 Fax : 954-697-0447 E-mail :


No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


Jenny Shin / 신정미 부동산
(Broker's Real Estate)
1398 SW 160TH AVE. SUITE 105
Weston FL 33326
Direct : 954-551-0236
Office : 954-384-1616
Fax : 954-697-0447
E-mail :


Miami metropolitan area INFORMATION

For more detailed information on Miami Metropolitan Area (cities / demographics, etc), click map

%d bloggers like this: